Female infertility is usually defined as the inability of a woman to become pregnant even after trying to conceive for a long period of time or most of their lives. A number of females all around the globe are suffering from infertility issues these days. Furthermore, women are more prone to develop infertility by the same age than men. On top of that, it is relatively challenging to diagnose female infertility. However, there are effective treatments in the medical field for this health issue now. In fact, 95% of women tend to regain the ability to get pregnant and deliver after taking effective infertility treatments. If you are wondering about the cause, symptoms, and treatment methods for female infertility, you should refer to the points given below.
The primary symptom of infertility is an inability to get pregnant even after trying to conceive for a long period of time. Other notable symptoms are listed below.
- A prolonged menstrual cycle that takes 35 days or more
- A short menstrual period that lasts less than 20 days
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- An absence of menstrual cycle
Note that all on these signs mean that the affected woman is not ovulating properly. Apart from that, you cannot spot any other outward symptoms as far as female infertility is concerned making the condition harder to self-diagnose.
The cause mainly comprises the defects associated with any of the factors which trigger or facilitate pregnancy. Some of those factors which are crucial to becoming pregnant are listed below.
- Ovulation – The ovaries of women tend to produce and release an egg every month, in a process is known as ovulation. Needless to say, one must ovulate properly in order to conceive a baby. In order to confirm whether or not you are ovulating perfectly, or if you find it difficult to get pregnant, it is vital to consult your physician.
- Regular Intercourse – It is really important to have regular intercourse during your fertility window, since the chances of getting pregnant will be more at this time. It is recommended to consult a doctor in order to figure out when you are most fertile.
- A Healthy Fallopian Tube and Uterus – other important factors which are important to getting pregnant are open fallopian tubes and a healthy uterus. Note that the sperm is likely to fertilize the egg in the fallopian tube, and the fertilized egg is nurtured in the uterus.