Location: Culver City, CA
3831 Hughes Ave. Ste 601, Culver City, CA 90232
Job Description: Medical Assistant
Reports to: Clinic Manager
Compensation: Competitive (based on experience)
Medical Clinic is looking for a full-time Pediatric Medical Assistant to join its clinic located in the Culver City area. The position is under the direct supervision of the Clinic Manager/Designee and is responsible for back office medical assisting functions, performing routine (noninvasive) patient care functions described by licensed health personnel. Must follow the established clinical protocols, policies, and procedures within the defined scope of education, training, and responsibilities.
- Collects and records patient data including BMI, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and blood pressure.
- Administers immunizations and medications per provider’s order.
- Performs venipuncture to obtain blood specimens.
- Performs simple lab tests, including pregnancy tests and PPD skin test.
- Performs initial health data collection, including vision and audiometric testing.
- Accurately files patients’ labs, X-ray, EKG results and other documents after the provider has signed off the information.
- Demonstrates correct and safe techniques in the use of equipment.
- Follow appropriate procedures for cleaning the equipment.
- Assist with scheduling new and follow up appointments.
- NextGen and EHR knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Good Communication and written skills
- Ability to work in a team.
- Experience in Family Pact and CHDP programs preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant school with a current MA certificate
- Two years’ experience preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Preferred
Job Type: Full-time