2595 E. Washington Blvd. Ste #106, Pasadena, CA 91107
Reports to: Clinic Manager
Compensation: Competitive (based on experience)
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401k, and PTO
Pediatric Medical Assistant
Complete Care Community Health Center, a federally qualified health care center, is looking for a full-time certified Medical Assistant to join its clinic located in Altadena. The position is under the direct supervision of the Clinic Manager/Designee and is responsible for front and back office medical assisting functions, performing routine (noninvasive) patient care functions described by licensed health personnel. Must follow the established clinical protocols, policies, and procedures within defined scope of education, training, and responsibilities. Provides basic health information and education to patients using established protocols. Responsible for managing the phone calls and maintenance of daily appointments. Establishes charts for new patients and assists with scheduling new and follow up appointments.
- Collects and records patient data including BMI, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and blood pressure.
- Applies warm or cold compresses
- Collects urine, sputum, and stool specimens by noninvasive techniques.
- Administers immunizations and medications per provider’s order. Verification of competency is required.
- Performs venipuncture to obtain blood specimens.
- Performs simple lab tests, including pregnancy tests.
- Performs PPD skin test placement after appropriate training and verification of competency.
- Performs initial health data collection, including vision and audiometric testing.
- Handles hazardous waste appropriately.
- Schedules routine follow up appointments.
- Accurately files patients’ labs, X –ray, EKG results and other documents after the provider has signed off the information.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe environment for offices operations.
- Demonstrates correct and safe techniques in the use of equipment.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to the clinic manager.
- Follow appropriate procedures for cleaning the equipment.
- Manage phone calls and initiate inquires to the clinic.
- Maintain daily appointment records.
- Establish Charts for new Patients.
- Assist with scheduling new and follow up appointments.
- NextGen knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Good Communication and written skills
- Ability to work in team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant school with a current MA certificate
- Current BLS certificate
- Two years’ experience in an ambulatory clinic preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Job Type: Full-time