Location: Cesar Chavez
2928 E. Cesar Chavez Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90033
Medical Clinic is looking for a full-time Medical Assistant to join its clinic located in the Los Angeles area. The position is under the direct supervision of the Clinic Manager/Designee and is responsible for back office medical assisting functions, performing routine (noninvasive) patient care functions described by licensed health personnel. Must follow the established clinical protocols, policies, and procedures within the defined scope of education, training, and responsibilities.
- Collects and records patient data including BMI, temperature, pulse, respiration rate and blood pressure.
- Administers immunizations and medications per provider’s order.
- Performs venipuncture to obtain blood specimens.
- Performs simple lab tests, including pregnancy tests and PPD skin test.
- Performs initial health data collection, including vision and audiometric testing.
- Accurately files patients’ labs, X-ray, EKG results and other documents after the provider has signed off the information.
- Demonstrates correct and safe techniques in the use of equipment.
- Follow appropriate procedures for cleaning the equipment.
- Assist with scheduling new and follow up appointments.
Qualifications and Skill:
- NextGen and EHR knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Good Communication and written skills
- Ability to work in a team.
- Experience in Family Pact and CHDP programs preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant school with a current MA certificate
- Two years’ experience preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Preferred
- Job Type: Full-time