1300 N. Vermont Ave, Ste 606, Los Angeles, CA 90027
Reports to: Clinic Manager
Compensation: Competitive (based on experience)
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401k, and PTO
Back Office Medical Assistant
Complete Care Community Health Center, a federally qualified health care center, is looking for a full-time certified Medical Assistant to join its clinic located in Los Angeles. The position is under the direct supervision of the Clinic Manager, and is responsible for both front and back office duties in a professional and ethical manner. Candidates must be self motivated and passionate about patient care.
- Greeting patients and checking them in at time of arrival
- Obtaining patient records and health information from other providers
- Performs initial health data collection
- Performs venipuncture, vital signs, injections, gather specimens and send to lab for processing timely
- Handles hazardous waste appropriately
- Administers immunizations and medications per provider’s order. Verification of competency is required
- Accurately files patients’ labs, X –ray, EKG results and other documents after the provider has signed off the information.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe environment for offices operations
- Answering phone, scanning, faxing, and emailing
- Schedule appointments for new patients, follow-up, chemotherapy, labs, outside providers.
- Entering patient demographic and insurance information accurately
- Verifying patient insurance, eligibility, and authorization
- NextGen knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Good Communication and written skills
- Ability to work in team, and in a fast paced environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant school with a current MA certificate
- Current CPR/BLS certificate
- Two years’ experience in an ambulatory clinic preferred
- Bilingual (English/Armenian) Or (English/Spanish) preferred.