Location: Los Angeles, CA
3000 S. Robertson Blvd. Ste #280, Los Angeles, CA 90034
Oncology Medical Biller
Compensation:Competitive (based on experience)
Medical Clinic is looking for a full-time Oncology Medical Biller to join its clinic located in the Los Angeles area.Medical Biller is responsible for collection of all patient accounts and insurance claims. Responsible for reviewing medical records utilizing ICD-10 and CPT coding conventions. Audits medical records to ensure specificity of diagnoses and procedures to ensure appropriate and optimal reimbursement from proper payer types. Work with supervisor to review problem accounts and identify necessary action to be taken.
- CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS coding knowledge.
- Knowledge of HIPPA, coding, and billing guidelines.
- Excellent interpretation of EOBs and reports.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be familiar with billing Medicare, Medi-Cal, and commercial insurance
- Must have 3+ years of experience in oncology medical billing
- Analyze medical records and use all appropriate International Classification of Disease (ICD-10) and current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes for billing of proper patient programs.
- Enter and retrieve patient medical data from the System; audit medical record for accuracy and completeness, note deficiencies and refer for appropriate follow up and completion.
- Consult with physicians and other personnel on coding practices and conventions to provide detailed coding information or gather additional documentation; maintain comprehensive records of all communications regarding suggested changes.
- Identify potential for additional coding revenue and initiate the changes in System.
- Verify insurance eligibility for the patients.
- Post payments to patients’ accounts within timely period; review all denials and resubmit to correct payer.
- Investigate the denials and follow up notes entered into the System.
- Contact patients for current updates to their account information.
- Sending bills to patients
- Mail sorting and payment posting.
- Generate weekly statements.
- Assist Insurance claims process and follow ups.
- Responsible for ensuring proper collection procedures on all patient accounts.
- Respond to billing phone calls and questions.
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Good Communication and written skills
- Ability to work in a team
Job Type: Full-time