Location: South Gate, CA
5831 Firestone Blvd. Ste #E South Gate, CA 90280
Position Type: Full Time
Location: South Gate
Benefits: Medical Insurance, 401k account, PTO
Complete Care Community Health Center (CCCHC) is a Federally Qualified Health Center with seven clinics in Greater Los Angeles area. CCCHC is looking for a Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant for its South Gate clinic.
- Provides direct patient care in the clinic setting including: assessment, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of patients; determines the degree of disabilities of the patients
- Performs medical procedures
- Reviews laboratory, x-ray findings and diagnosis other tests
- Appropriately and in a timely manner documents all relevant information in Electronic Health Records
- Coordinates and refers services of community resources, placement providers, collateral agencies, the court, or other community partners with families, clients, or patients receiving services.
- Provides patient education, counseling, medication advice and follow up instructions
- Participates in patient and in-service training for support personnel
- Participates in Quality of Care and in Peer Review Meetings
- Providers exemplary customer service to patients, visitors, and coworkers
- Other NP/PA duties as assigned, including providing coverage at CCCHC’s other clinics as needed.
Other Requirements and Characteristics:
- Be open to the risks which require the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, working around operating machines, working with contagious diseases or hazardous chemicals.
- The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities.
- Provide limited medical coverage at the South Gate Clinic when needed
- Current CA RN license is required, and
- Current CA Nurse Practitioner License required
- Current CA Physician Assistant License required
- Current DEA license required
- BCLS for Healthcare Providers (AHA) required
- National Certification required
- ACLS certification preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bilingual Preferred (English/Spanish)
- NextGen Knowledge (Preferred)
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- In a Federally Qualified Health Center, Community Clinic or a similar practice serving diverse uninsured and underserved populations. (Preferred)
- At least 1 year of Family Medicine experience (Required)
Job Type: Full-time