- What STD Services Do We Provide?
- STD and STI Testing
- STD and STI Prevention
- Birth Control and Contraceptives
- Counseling Services For STDs and STIs
The community clinic at CCCHC has provided STD and STI testing services for the Los Angeles area since 2007. Our low income sexual health services include a STI and STD clinic that specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Our clinics are staffed with healthcare professionals who are trained in the diagnosis and management of various STDs, including HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, and herpes, among others.
What STD Services Do We Provide?
- STD and STI Testing
- Prevention Services: Birth Control, Contraceptives, and More
- STD and STI Treatment
- STD/STI Counseling and Education
Low Income STD Testing Services
STDs (Sexually transmitted diseases) and STIs (Sexually transmitted infections) are tested through a variety of methods depending on the type of infection. Many may be unsure what STD testing is like, so let’s go over some of the most common methods:
- Blood tests: Blood tests can be used to detect the presence of antibodies produced by the immune system in response to a specific STD or STI, such as HIV or syphilis. Learn more about our HIV/AIDS services here.
- Urine tests: Urine samples may be collected to test for some STDs such as chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Swab tests: Swab tests can be used to collect samples from the affected area of the body, such as the genitals or anus, to test for various STDs, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, and herpes.
- Physical examination: A doctor or healthcare provider may conduct a physical exam to look for signs of infection, such as genital warts or sores, that can be caused by some STDs.
It’s important to note that not all STDs or STIs can be detected immediately after exposure, and some may take several weeks or months to show up on a test. If your test shows a positive result, we’ll be able to provide you with treatment options and the necessary information to share with your partners. Also, while testing is an essential step in diagnosing and treating STDs and STIs, it’s important to practice safe sex and use protection to reduce the risk of transmission.
STD and STI Prevention Services
Preventing STDs and STIs is the most important way to maintain your sexual health. CCCHC provides a variety of prevention services to help keep you safe from sexually transmitted disease and infections. We know that sexual health can be a sensitive topic, which is why we provide counseling and confidential private testing by our trained staff who are considerate to your needs and concerns.
There are several effective ways to prevent STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) and STIs (Sexually Transmitted Infections). Here are some key services we offer to help prevent their spread and to increase the practice of safe sex.
Barrier methods for practicing safe sex such as condoms and dental dams are available. Call or visit one of our Los Angeles area low income clinics and speak with our staff for information on condoms and other preventative measures.
Vaccinations for STDs
Low Cost vaccines are available for certain STDs, such as HPV (human papillomavirus), which can cause genital warts and cervical cancer. Vaccination can help protect against these diseases.
Regular Low Cost STD Testing
Testing is an important part of preventing the spread of STDs and STIs. Regular testing can help identify infections early and reduce the risk of transmitting them to others.
Additional Strategies to Prevent STDs and STIs
Limiting the number of sexual partners can help to prevent sexually transmitted diseases and infections; the more sexual partners you have, the higher your risk of exposure to STDs and STIs. While Limiting your number of sexual partners, getting vaccinated, having regular testing done and using barrier methods can help reduce your risk, there are prevention measures you can take in addition to these:
Avoid Sharing Condoms
Make sure to use a new condom every time you have sex, and avoid sharing sex toys.
Avoid Sharing Personal Items
STDs and STIs can be transmitted through sharing personal items such as towels, razors, or clothing. Avoid sharing these items to reduce the risk of transmission.
Communicate With Your Partner
Open communication with your sexual partner(s) about STDs and STIs can help reduce the risk of transmission. Talk to your partner about your sexual history and ask about theirs.
By following these steps and seeking medical care if you suspect you have an STD or STI, you can protect yourself and your sexual partner(s) from these infections. The staff at CCCHC’s low income STD and STI clinic are experts in the field of sexual health and are well-trained in all aspects of STD and STI prevention. You can be sure that you will be treated with respect and support while receiving the most advanced sexual health services available.
Birth Control and Contraceptives
Our low income STD clinics offer birth control and contraceptive services as part of our comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services. There are different types of birth control and contraceptive options that may be available to you.
Additionally, we also offer counseling and education on family planning and contraceptive options. If you’re interested in learning more or accessing birth control or contraceptive services, you can contact us today.
Do Sexual Health Clinics Do Pregnancy Tests?
Our Sexual Health Clinics offer pregnancy testing as one of our services. While our STD and STI Clinic is primarily focused on sexual and reproductive health, we also offer a range of services that includes pregnancy testing and counseling. As a Complete care community Clinic, we also offer Prenatal care.
Our women’s health clinic also provides counseling and education on pregnancy options, such as abortion, adoption, and parenting, as well as referrals to other healthcare providers or community resources. If you suspect that you may be pregnant, reach out to us or your local healthcare provider for more information on free pregnancy testing and additional prenatal services.
Counseling Services For STDs and STIs
At our low income community clinic, we offer Counseling for STDs. This type of counseling focuses on educating and supporting individuals who have been diagnosed with an STD or are at risk of contracting one. Our counseling services are provided by a healthcare provider and/or a trained counselor, and may involve:
- Education: Counseling sessions may provide information on the specific STD or STIs, how they are transmitted, symptoms, treatment options, and prevention strategies. We encourage patients to ask questions and to seek clarification on any concerns they have.
- Emotional support: Being diagnosed with an STD or STI can be a difficult and emotional experience. Counseling may provide emotional support and coping strategies for individuals who are experiencing anxiety, depression, or other emotional or psychological challenges related to their diagnosis.
- Partner notification and contact tracing: Counselors may assist patients in notifying their sexual partners and in contact tracing to help prevent the further spread of the infection.
- Referrals: Counselors may also provide referrals to other healthcare providers or community resources for additional testing, treatment, or support services.
Counseling for STDs can help individuals better understand their diagnosis, manage their symptoms, and reduce the risk of transmitting the infection to others. It can also help patients address the psychological and emotional challenges that can arise from being diagnosed with an STD.
If you suspect you may have an STD it’s important to visit an STD clinic for testing and treatment. In addition to testing and treatment options, our Los Angeles community clinics also offer counseling and education on how to prevent the spread of STDs, and will keep your information private. At CCCHC our goal is to promote sexual health and reduce the spread of STDs within communities. Get in touch today to speak with our doctors about our low income STD and STI testing.