BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES OFFERED BY COMMUNITY HEALTH CLINICS
Many of the community care and affordable health clinics offer behavioral health services. The goal of integrating behavioral health care services into community clinics is to help patients achieve improved physical and mental health. This is accomplished by addressing the needs together.
The behavioral health providers work with the primary care providers to offer culturally sensitive and timely health services. These providers make use of many therapy approaches to help patients who have mild to moderate behavioral issues and disorders. This also includes substance abuse disorder patients. The various behavioral health services offered by our affordable health clinics include:
- Initial assessment appointments.
- Follow up treatment sessions.
- Group counseling.
- Treatment sessions as needed, as the doctors and clinicians will have the flexibility to offer more sessions depending on the need.
- Medical provider coordination to make sure that the physical, emotional, as well as behavioral needs of the patient is met. This includes the assessment and monitoring of the response to the different psychiatric medications.
- Cognitive behavioral and interpersonal therapy styles to address all the functional needs of the patient.
- Educating the patient about the need for self-management and personal care, and training them to follow through.
- Referrals to the various community resources as needed.
- Coordination and referral to specialty behavioral health services or psychiatric emergency services, if needed.
These are some of the important behavioral health care services that are offered by community health centers. Some of the community health care centers also offer psychiatric services on-site by contracted psychiatrists.
Behavioral health providers in our community health clinics offer their services to adults and children in groups, individual, or family sessions. Sessions are also offered for couples and many of our clinics have providers who are bilingual with a good hold in English and Spanish languages.
Our community health care centers employ licensed social workers, licensed marriage and family counselors, or licensed professional counselors as behavioral health service providers. If you or anyone in your family is in need of behavioral health services, contact our community health center for immediate help.